The Joint Authority of Education of Kotka-Hamina Region
Ekami – The Joint Authority of Education of Kotka-Hamina Region provides high-quality education and training services, youth workshops and outreach youthwork in Southern Kymenlaakso.
> Founded in 2006.
> Owned by the municipalities of Southern Kymenlaakso.
> Mission is to develop our customers vocational competence and working life skills and promote competitiveness and welfare of our region.
> South Kymenlaakso Vocational College
> Regional Workshops ”Rannikkopajat”
> Two subsidiaries: Ekami Consulting ltd. and Primus High Tech ltd.
South Kymenlaakso Vocational College
- Multidisciplinary education institution with 5000 students
- Vocational upper secondary education and training services for organizations and for young and adults.
- License to offer vocational and professional training in 61 vocational qualifications
- License for apprenticeship training, employment training, athlete training and education export
Regional Workshops ”Rannikkopajat”
- Mission to prevent exclusion and drop-outs
- Regional service in all municipalities of Southern Kymenlaakso with over 1000 customers per year
- Workshops and guidance for youth and adults
- Outreach youth work
Ekami is the 7th largest employer in the area; there are some 350 Ekami staff members. In addition to teaching and workshop staff, Ekami has staff engaged in administration, real-estate management, student care and counselling, catering, and teaching support staff. Our premises are located in Kotka and Hamina.
Our operation is steered by the values of the Joint Educational Authority: customer-centredness, trustworthiness and community. We are in constant need of fresh and motivated professionals to become members of our expert community to train experts meeting the needs of the working life, to support individual development, and to participate in the development of the commercial life.
Ekami Group is led by the Joint Educational Authority’s Managing Director, Principal Mr. Sami Tikkanen.